Mar 28, 2016
Are you being garnished? Have you been sued by a creditor?
A Chapter 7 or 13 Bankruptcy may be able to help.
- Getting behind in your credit card payments may trigger your creditor to garnish your paycheck.
- A creditor may sue you and obtain a judgment against you that allows them to garnish your wages.
- A creditor can garnish up to 25% of your net income. This is a huge amount, especially if you are one of the millions of Americans living paycheck to paycheck.
- Filling for bankruptcy will stop the garnishments.
- However, did you know that you may also be able to get back some, if not most, of the money that was garnished from you paycheck?
- Our experienced attorneys can help. We practice in the areas of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy state wide.
- Call today at (517) 575-8039 for a free 30 minute consultation, or visit our website at JRothsteinLaw.com